SentryOne Accelerates Cloud Migration and Optimization Innovations
Integrated offerings simplify data performance management for cloud-based databases on Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
CHARLOTTE, NC – November 8, 2018 – SentryOne has expanded offerings for migrating and optimizing SQL Server databases on hosted cloud services, enabling companies to shift to the cloud while accelerating data performance during and after the transition.
SentryOne solutions for migrating and optimizing the performance of cloud-based workloads on the Microsoft Data Platform include:
- A marketplace offering on Amazon Web Services, with support for Amazon RDS for SQL Server as well as Amazon EC2
- A marketplace offering on Microsoft Azure, with support for Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Support for monitoring Azure SQL Database Managed Instance, a deployment model of Azure SQL Database released by Microsoft that provides near 100 percent compatibility with on-premises SQL Server
- Public preview of SentryOne Test, a SaaS-based automated testing framework that simplifies data testing and validation and includes LegiTest, the previous testing framework from SentryOne that will continue as a Visual Studio extension
- SentryOne Workbench, which includes DOC xPress for database documentation, metadata discovery, and data lineage analysis; BI xPress for monitoring and auditing data packages; and DBA xPress for comparing data schema
With these new offerings, SentryOne is addressing cloud migration challenges particularly for customers who have delayed cloud transitions because of dependencies on key on-premises SQL Server capabilities and difficulties in rationalizing the opportunity cost of moving databases to cloud-based architectures.
“New cloud services from Amazon and Microsoft are making cloud migrations more feasible, but every company—now more than ever—needs to ensure that business-critical data successfully makes the transition,” said Douglas McDowell, SentryOne Chief Strategy Officer. “With increased data privacy regulations, every business has to be 100 percent confident in the integrity of its data. And once that data is in the cloud, the need to optimize it for high performance is paramount. SentryOne provides the solutions to make that journey to the cloud both fast and accurate.”
SentryOne will continue to focus on solutions that help companies optimize cloud databases.
“SentryOne has always led the way in helping customers accelerate the performance of their cloud databases,” said Jason Hall, SentryOne VP of Product Management. “By continuing to deepen our strategic technology partnerships with major cloud providers Amazon and Microsoft, we’re able to provide the most capable, actionable performance management for cloud-based Microsoft Data Platform workloads.”
A complete description of SentryOne cloud migration and optimization capabilities is available at sentryone.com/cloud-data-performance-management.