SentryOne Cloud Brings New Era of Easy-to-Manage DataOps Solutions
Published On: November 5, 2019
Categories: Cloud 0
Managing your data just got so much easier.
With the launch today of our SentryOne Cloud product suite, SentryOne brings a powerful combination of scalability, best-in-class capabilities, and ease of use to DataOps management. Our new cloud suite—which includes solutions for monitoring databases, documenting databases, and validating data—brings a fresh design, easy access, and no-fuss setup to data managers who are challenged with delivering data faster in increasingly complex environments.
The SentryOne Cloud product suite expands options for data managers, providing cloud solutions that build on the foundation of our top-rated software products. Why cloud solutions? As companies shift more databases to the cloud, the demand for cloud solutions to manage databases—wherever they live—increases as well. According to Gartner, by 2022, 75% of all databases will be deployed or migrated to a cloud platform, and the expansion of cloud service providers (CSPs) include “third-party independent software vendor (ISV) offerings that run on CSP infrastructure.”
Of course, Gartner declaring that cloud solutions are cool is one thing, but what really matters to us is what our customers want. We listened to feedback from customers, many of whom have asked for products that have all the power of our software but with the inherent benefits of cloud solutions, including:
- Easy installation and configuration
- Anytime, anywhere access through a web portal
- Intuitive design
- Continuous updates through a convenient subscription pricing model
An easier way to manage your data environment
The SentryOne Cloud product suite includes three solutions for data management, each of which you can access through the new SentryOne portal:
- SentryOne Monitor, our cloud solution for monitoring SQL Server database performance, builds on the foundation of our top-rated flagship product, SQL Sentry. SentryOne Monitor includes powerful capabilities such as the Environmental Health Overview, Performance Analysis Dashboard, and Top SQL.
- SentryOne Document is a cloud solution for documenting databases, analyzing data lineage, and creating data dictionaries. As with our DOC xPress software, SentryOne Document makes it easier to understand the origin of your data, ensuring that your company stays compliant with data privacy regulations.
- SentryOne Test, introduced earlier this year, is an automated framework for validating data throughout the app-centric data lifecycle. SentryOne Test includes a remote agent that enables distributed test execution, a Visual Studio extension, and a web portal that lets you deploy test projects and then programmatically call them as needed.
If you’re attending PASS this week, you can stop by our booth (#206) to see any of the SentryOne Cloud solutions in action. To learn more, visit the web pages linked above, which include FAQs, videos, web seminars, and more. And at the very least, stop by our booth or start a free trial to see the new SentryOne portal, which wraps all the actionable data management information you need in a fresh new design. We think Adrian Sullivan, a senior consultant at Lexel (a SentryOne partner), said it best when he commented on LinkedIn that the new interface “totally blows everything else away.”
We hope you think so, too.
Douglas McDowell is the SolarWinds Database GM. His primary focus is to advise the leadership team and Board of Directors in planning, research, business strategy, and analytics to ensure alignment with our largest partners, including Microsoft.